Are you wondering if you can still use a T3i for video in 2020 and beyond? Well, the short answer is yes you certainly can. And I’ve used a T3i for nearly every video on my channel. But if you can afford to make the jump to something nicer, now’s the time. Let’s discuss the reasons to stick with the T3i or move on.
Reasons to stick with the T3i
- Shoots in 1080P at 24 fps (still the standard, though this is changing)
- Has a flip-out screen to view yourself (aka vlog or selfie mode)
- Can set focus and see a live view while tethered
- Extremely affordable camera
Reasons to move on to something newer
- Newest budget DSLRs include Canon’s powerful CMOS Auto Focus
- Dated processor and sensor in the T3i (new options are far better)
- Costs have come down in the DSLR and mirrorless markets
Check out my video below for more thoughts on using the Canon T3i in 2020 and beyond.
What do you think? Are you using the T3i? Is it working for you or is it time to switch to something better?